Thursday, June 5, 2008

Okay, so that didn't work...

Wow. We went from "Let's be serious; once a week" to, like, never. Well, I suppose life hit us both with the force of a tree in the hands of Grawp, knocking us head over tail out of the safety zone and into the terrifying world of adulthood. I don't know about you, but I barely feel like I'm out of my teens, let alone anything that can be considered an adult. I suppose I'm getting over the fear of being one, but it's still a little terrifying to know that some people trust me with their children's education.

Anyway, I have to head back to work, but I wanted to at least breach the long-standing absence of posts in this journal and hopefully spark a few more.

Love and plandy,

Lauren1.0

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey, it's me, Skrybbi.

Yes. This very much didn't work. Even with the password, I can't remember the e-mail to get in XD.

My mother asked me if I had stopped identifying myself as "college student" and started to identify myself as "young professional." I told her I'd never really gotten over identifying myself as "high schooler," so there you go. When, exactly, does one start feeling the age they are? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, and I'm not sure I like it.

As an incredibly deep philosopher once wrote, "what's my age again?" The question seems simple, and yet I honestly can't answer it. I think I will always feel older than I am. I will never feel as old as I am. How does that work? How can I feel more mature and more immature than everyone around me?

I think you understand.

And I think no matter how old we are, some things will never change. I'm sure that, even as we grow older, we will still lay out grand plans together, and always fall short. ;) But we'll try.

I do think that writing textual messages will be a lot easier than making videos. As much as I long to hear your voice, I think this is a bit more practical when our current busy states are taken into account.

Oh, and just a quick "life dump" in your direction: Annie graduated; She'll be attending ECU in the fall; I leave for Mexico in two weeks; I'm trying to find time to spend with Adryn; I don't hate Sammey; and I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up (if I grow up).

Actually, I do. I want to be Joss Whedon. Does that count?

Unknown said...

ya3andkisumaipwnmysoul@hotmail.com is the e-mail. XD

it's stupid, I know. I agree-text posting is going to be easier than trying to do videos. Actually, once I'm able to buy the microphone I need, we can just podcast at each other if you're interested.