Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So I've decided it's time for a post. And with all the stress I'm under right now, I'm going to try to make it wangst free. :3

I leave for Mexico in about a week. I'm so excited, I'm already packed. How pathetic, but really, seeing that suitcase makes me happy.

I'm going to see the Happening with Matty. It's the new M. Night Shamalan film, and although it hasn't received stellar reviews, it promises to be entertaining in the least.

I heard a song today that reminded me of Ari and Shiro, which is weird since mainstream music usually isn't very reminiscent of epic fantasy novels, but this song strangely was. It's called Ranger. I'll have to compress it and post it for you. Do you have winzip to unwrap it? If not, I think you can download a "trial version" for free (yes. a trial version I've been using for four years >_>;).

Adryn leaves soon, and it sucks because I work all week, and she works all weekend, and gas is going up still, and I have no money. :( I'm trying so hard to find a good time to go see her, but money is tighter right now then it's ever been with me, and I'm working so much overtime at work that I don't know if it's going to happen. I need to call her and tell her the sad truth: that once again, real life has picked up a very large stick and beaten us into submission with it.

(Why did I just hear Jayne in my head explaining the chain of command?)

Anyway, Mr. Darcy is doing well. Matty's going to take care of him while I'm in Mexico. This will be interesting, since Matty has never cared for a cat, and is very much a dog person. Haha, hopefully Mr. Darcy will behave.

Last night, I ate dinner with my parents. It was nice to see them, and afterwards, we sat around telling embarrassing stories about children. My dad told a great one that apparently happened at my church in Williamston. The Pastor called all the children to the front of the church for children's hour. One little girl had on an UBER frilly dress, just ruffles all over. The pastor commented that that she was wearing a very beautiful dress. The little girl (in fully little country-hick accent) tells him, "Yeah, I like it, but my mamma says it's a bitch to iron."

Of course, I myself wasn't much better during my children's hour:

Pastor: I want to talk to you today about your parents. You know how, sometimes, your parents can get angry, and can yell at eachother?

Me: Boy, do they! (at the top of my lungs. my mother was mortified).

Oh, and one time, Andrea (about 3) was sitting in a McDonalds with my mother, and this African-American man walked in with Gerry Curls (you know, the tight little spiral curls?). Andrea stood up, pointed, and yelled with glee, "Look! His hair looks like a lamb's!!!!" She then decompensated into giggles. The whole place got real quiet.

These were only a few, but man. They just kept sharing stories. Needless to say, we were laughing for a good hour. My sides were sore the next day.

In other news, I am dissatisfied in every way with my current job. That's all I'm going to say on the matter, but I think I've reached a point in my life where there is nothing left here to tie me down, and so the search truly begins: I plan to be out of this area in the next five months. God help me, I certainly can't work here in this environment for another four months. I'll run away and become a pirate first.

Call me Cutthroat Pansy! Arrrrrg!!!

Hope you are doing well, and feel free to share some embarrassing childhood stories. XD

Lauren

2 comments:

Unknown said...

*Roots for Scrybbi*

I am so glad to hear you saying you're going to get out of where you are. It's time for your real adventure. Go somewhere awesome! Go to California (where you'll be closer to me or Adryn) or go to London, where I'm sure you'll love it!

In any case, you're in Mexico as I'm writing this. Sorry I didn't notice it was posted sooner. I've been checking your LJ, but like an idiot, I wasn't checking here.

Rosemary Tizledoun said...

I hope you're enjoying Mexico Scrybbi! Raymond and I will hopefully be getting a bigger house soon. We'll shelter you if you need it, if you want to look around the W-S area a bit. I'm sorry your new job didn't work out so well. Let know how to help.

*HUGS*